Betty's Blog

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Seek The Peak 2008

This year, Ray decided to do this race 'Solo' instead of 'Relay'. We both did the relay the last two years with friends and family. I didn't do it this year because for one, I couldn't find anyone to do the relay with me and secondly, I will be flying tomorrow night to Southeast Asia (Singapore, Brunei and Malaysia) for a long one-month vacation. So I just wanted to take it easy.

This morning at the start, I met up with Diane and John whom I snowshoe with up at Grouse in the winter. It was sure nice to catch-up with them again. They were doing it solo too. Good for them!!!

This race is a very challenging 16km course that starts from Ambleside Park to the Peak of Grouse Mountain which includes the infamous Grouse Grind. Ray and I have been going up the Grind every Thursday with a group of people from Rackets and Runners. It sure is a good work-out! Anyway, Ray had a good race and I am proud of him for finishing the race strong at a very incredible time of 1:46:28. He is placed at 22nd/338 overall and 7th/60 in his age group. Awesome job!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray doesn't have the usual smiley face...it looks like he was glad he was finished!...;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies