Betty's Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

6th Annual Iron Knee 25K Trail Race

Getting up early on Sat for Ray's race was worth it even though I was not keen in doing so in the beginning. Vancouver was truly a beauty especially with a gorgeous sunny day by the water and the mountains in Deep Cove. Although the morning was a bit chilly, I was having a time of my life in the sun. I really needed some Vitamin E because I felt like I'm lacking it :) Let's just say, I am so blessed by God to be able to experience this wonderful life in Canada.

Anyway, let's get back to the race. Ray did the Canada's largest long distance 25K trail run called Iron Knee all the way from the base of Grouse Mountain to the shores of Deep Cove. Of course, there are hills involved in this race with the popular 2K hike called Powerline trail which is similar to Grouse Grind. Well, no thanks. I will just stick to Grouse Grind and that would be it for me. All the runners are to tackle the up and downhills with very technical trails. All I can say is "Good Luck" and "Watch where you're going". This was Ray's first time doing this race and it sure was a challenge for him especially he never ran anything that is more than 8K in the trail. I think he had a good time even though he's hurting now but all runners have that adrenaline in them to want to keep going...hmm, I'm just not like them at all. This is how he did in the race : 39th/281 overall, 36th/147 for males and 29th/59 in his age group with a finish time of 2:01:53. Great job!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually this picture of Ray, he does look exhausted!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies