Betty's Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Vancouver Sun Run 10K

Another year has whizzed by just like that since the last time we did the Sun Run. This year, there were about 58,000 registered runners breaking last year's records. I think the weather plays a big part in making it successful. Couple days before the race, I was hoping and praying for a nice weather because of the surprising snowfall on Friday night. Well, it turned out sunny after all! Even though it was chilly this morning for the race, this is the ideal condition that you want to be running in. I enjoy doing this race because of the music and water stations that get me going throughout the whole course of the race. This year, Ray, Alexis (Ray's niece) and I did the race. My brother did the last two years and couldn't make it out this year due to a new addition to the family. Anyway, the results will be posted on the Vancouver Sun paper tomorrow and later on the Raceheadquarters website. Please check back here later. Below is a picture of the "Elites" on stage during the awards ceremony. The top male and female were from Kenya and Ethiopia respectively. The top male finished in a superfast time of 29:26mins!!
Update (Apr 21/2008): Here are the official results. Ray finished with a time of 38:53 mins and ranked at 275th/44160 overall, 245th/19294 for males and 40th/3017 in his age group. Great job Ray!! As for me, I am proud to tell you that I have shaved off more than 3 mins from my last Sun Run (56:08 mins). This year, I finished with a time of 52:56 mins!!! So proud of myself :) I came in 6064th/44160 overall, 1279th/24866 for females and 210th/3753 for my age group.

1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job all of you, and a very nice picture too...;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies