Betty's Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chilly Chase 5K and 10K run

My first race for the year was today in Langley called Chilly Chase. It sure was chilly this morning but no icy conditions on the road which made the running a whole lot better. I did the same race last year which was the 5K. Ray went on and did the 10K today instead of the 5K. He wanted to get sub-40mins for the 10K so he can be qualified for the Sun Run elite category. Let's just say he is now officially in the sub-40's elite category because he succeeded in this morning's race. Raceheadquarters did the timing and had already posted up the results. Let's see how we did. The result placed Ray 7th/154 overall, 7th/56 for males and 2nd/16 in his age group with an incredible time of 39:06 mins. As for me on the 5K result, my finished time of 28:05 mins placed me at 33rd/124 overall, 14th/79 for females and 4th/25 in my age group. Below is a picture of Ray accepting his award for coming in 2nd in his age group. Congrats!!

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the Chili this year...wtg Betty and Ray!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies