Betty's Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

James Cunningham Seawall Race 9.5K


I did this race again this year with the sole purpose of seeing if I can beat my time from last year. Well, I did beat my time by about 1.5mins. I was hoping more but I think it's pretty good considering that I haven't been training a lot in running. I was disappointed with the wrong weather forecast though. Of course, it wasn't cloudy/sunny but instead it turned out to be rainy :( But it's fine though because last year, it was cold but this year, it was just muggy, wet and not that cold. The course for this year at Stanley Park was different from last year due to the windstorm causing trees to fall. Even though the course changed, there was only one big hill and a few rolling hills. Alright, here are the race results: Ray finished with an incredible time of 39:35mins and came in 45th out of 887 overall, 40th/414 for males and 8th/34 for his age group. Ray also improved about 1.5 mins from last year. As for me, I finished with a time of 54:40mins and placed at 439th out of 887 overall, 154th/472 for females and 26th/75 for my age group. Ray and I have another race to do next weekend and that is H2H (Haney to Harrison) Ultra 100km. Wish us luck!
Update(Oct 29,2007): Raceheadquarters just posted the team category results and Ray and I were signed up as Couples. I am really happy to tell you all that we are 4th/30 in the team couple category. I couldn't believe that we did so good. Thanks to Ray for his hard work.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies