Betty's Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Camping at Coldwater Creek in Nicola (Aug 3 to 6)

What another fun camping trip! I love camping now! I really needed sometime away from the city. Just before the camping trip, I was in a lot of stress from work due to the fact that I thought I wasn't able to handle someone's else job. But I guess I was wrong. Things are going pretty good so far for me at work as long as I stay positive. Anyway, back to camping. I had a great time with Ray and his family. We did a lot of stuff like swimming, hiking, pitching horseshoes, fishing and more. Weather was a bit weird. During the day, it was nice and warm but at night, it was kind of cold. Of course, I thought bringing a sweater was good enough but it turned out that I was so wrong. I needed something more than a sweater. Good thing we had a campfire that I could warm up. We were by the creek and the water was so crystal clear. It was so beautiful. Let me tell you a little bit about this area where we were camping. It's about 30km southwest of Merritt in the Indian reserve band property called Coldwater Indian Reserve land. The people that live here basically rear cows and have a huge farm. I don't know what they are growing. Who knows. All I have seen are cows roaming around the area. The next campsite from us was almost 3km. Sections of the road into the campsite were bumpy and dirt with cliffs on one side of the road where you have to really be careful not to get too close to the tall cliffs. At one point of the road, we didn't realize that a sharp corner was so close to the cliff. It was scary! I guess a lesson learned here that we shouldn't be driving at night when it is pitch black!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies