Betty's Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

First Grouse Grind for the Season

Alas! The moment that everyone has been waiting for...Grouse Grind finally opened this weekend just in time for the Victoria long weekend! Ray and I had the privilege to go and hike it today. Even though it was overcast and foggy up there on the trails, we still enjoyed the nice cool weather for the hike. There were surprisingly lots of people on the grind. It definitely has become the most popular trail in Vancouver. It was pretty wet after the 3/4 mark and that part slowed me down because I was being very careful not to slip and fall. I think I did pretty good being my first time up this season. My time was about 57:45mins and Ray got his PB at 40:22mins. Too bad the summit seeker reader on the top at the chalet didn't work or else we could have the times logged on to our stats online. Ray and I will be doing the Grind once or twice a week to be well-trained for two races: Seek the Peak Relay and Grouse Grind Mountain Run. My brother, William will also be joining us to train as well for the races. It will be fun because it will be our second time doing Seek the Peak and third time doing Grouse Grind race. Come on out and experience it yourself. You never know what it's like until you try it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies