Betty's Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Yeti Snowshoe Race at Cypress Mountain

Wow...It was really a wet day to be doing a snowshoe race but it was fine after all because the rain basically cools you down when you are so hot and sweating. I think it was a pretty good race and way better than the one at Mount Seymour (see Yeti Snowshoe race at Mt. Seymour). The reason I say this was the course for Mount Seymour was more than 5K which I wasn't prepared for and the one at Cypress was right on 5K. Anyway, the results will be posted up soon on the Yeti website. Please check it at a later date. Ray did extremely well today and he came first overall!!! As for me, I think I did pretty good although I didn't come first. I am happy with my performance. I will update here after the results are posted. Both Ray and I won some cool stuff like socks, toques, water bottle for cycling, custom fit soles for shoes and an adult snowshoe combo for ticket and rental. Not bad, eh?? So, I guess my next race won't be until April 15th for the Vancouver Sun Run. I am pretty excited about it because this time I will be close to the front pack instead of in the back pack like last year. I hope to do better than last year so I have to get on with my training :)

Update (Mar19/2007): Here are the results posted on the the Yeti website. Ray came first out of 75 overall and first out of 21 in his age group with the time of 32:49mins. As for me, I came 44th out of 75 overall and 16th out of 33 in my age group with the time of 52:47mins. We were also signed up as Team called "Smilin Bob's Snowrunners" and the team came first in the 5K.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read your Blog, Betty!

Glad to see you guys did well!

Judy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies