Betty's Blog

Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Yeti Snowshoe race at Mt. Seymour

Well...what another interesting race to participate in!! It was my first snowshoe race and I really tired myself out! But overall, I did enjoy the race though the terrain was very technical and difficult. A lot of hills to hike and I really mean that! If you don't believe me, I can show you :) The distance for the race course was either 5K or 10K. Ray and I both did the 5K and even though this was our first snowshoe race, Ray did surprisingly really good. He came 2nd overall and I...hmmm..not sure. Hopefully, not last :0 Results have not been posted yet but we will see.

Update (Feb 5/07): Results are in! I came 22nd out of 33 in my age group and 55th out of 77 overall. Ray, of course, came in 2nd out of 15th in his age group and 2nd out of 77 overall! Not bad, eh? But not so much for me. Oh well, at least I didn't come last. I just need to do more training for my next snowshoeing race. Ok...my next race is "Climb the Wall" at Sheraton Wall Centre on Feb 18th. Please help me raise money for BC Lung Association. It would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate, you can go to my personal webpage for the race by clicking here. I will try my best to do good in this race...hopefully. Thanks a bunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies