Betty's Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Climb the Wall at Sheraton Wall Centre

The morning turned out pretty good. Not a bad day after all. But it was pretty bad for me. Ray and I went and did the "Climb the Wall" at the Sheraton Wall Centre for the BC Lung Association early this morning. This building is the tallest in BC with 48 storeys (739 steps). Well, do you know why I said it was bad for me? I did the race TWICE which means it was not 48 storeys, it was 96 storeys with 1478 steps!!! I couldn't believe I did it twice. But no regrets though. I was glad I did it the second time because I finished at a better time of 8:01mins instead of 8:12mins which was the first one. Raceheadquarters did the timing and you can check out the results by clicking here. My best performance of 8:01mins placed me in 146th overall out of 478 and 34th out of 255 for females. My slower climb took 8:12mins placing me in 168th overall and 44th for females. A lot of people were doing it twice because they wanted to beat their personal best which I did! Alright, here comes Ray's result. He came in 9th overall out of 478 and 9th out of 223 for Males with an incredible time of 5:41mins. Unreal! I'm happy for him. As usual, the muscles are now sore and burning from going up those stairs but oh well, the muscles are getting strong. I want to thank those people who helped me raise money to run this race to climb this wall, twice...hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies