Betty's Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Grouse Mountain Snowshoe Classic

Hello there! I was at a snowshoe race this morning at Grouse. Oh boy...it was sure a gorgeous day! Pretty warm up there at Grouse. Ray and I competed in the 5K snowshoe race called Snowshoe Classic which was our first time doing this race and second time in a snowshoe race (first was at Mt. Seymour last Sat). I think I am getting a hang of it but I think I still need to train myself more especially going down those very steep hills. I tell ya...I was close to rolling down the hill and off the cliff at one point. Though it was tiring and exhausting, I did enjoy myself. Check out the results at Winningtime for overall and age group listing. I came 20th out of 49 overall and 1st out of 8 in my age group with the time of 54:03. Ray did extremely good and came 1st out of 49 overall and 1st out of 6 in his age group with an incredible time of 34:36. Kudos to the both of us! We both were up on the podium receiving our prizes for coming first. We both got a free entry to the next race at Grouse and $15 gift certificates to use at Grouse and on top of that, we got door prizes of $20 summit seeker cards where we can use to time ourselves on the Grouse Grind. Great prizes, eh?? Anyway, my next race is next Sunday, Feb 18th at Sheraton Wall Centre called "Climb the Wall". Check back in a week and see how I do in this upcoming race. See ya!

9 Comments:

At 10:26 PM , Blogger Ray Barrett said...

Betty won her first race ever!! WOW. It was fun to watch her on the podium for her very first time... and not just anywhere on the podium... NUMBER 1. I hope she posts the picture soon.

GOOD WORK BABY.

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Ray Barrett said...

Betty won her first race ever!! WOW. It was fun to watch her on the podium for her very first time... and not just anywhere on the podium... NUMBER 1. I hope she posts the picture soon.

GOOD WORK BABY.

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Ray Barrett said...

Betty won her first race ever!! WOW. It was fun to watch her on the podium for her very first time... and not just anywhere on the podium... NUMBER 1. I hope she posts the picture soon.

GOOD WORK BABY.

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Betty said...

Thanks for the support, Ray! I had fun at this race. You were good too and fast!! :) Way a go!!

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Matt said...

That sounds so fun!!! I have never even heard of such a race. It seems like that would be just about the hardest running of all time. I will stop back to hear more about your adventures in the snow.

 
At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG....Betty! You did good girl!!!!......;)

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Betty said...

Thanks but who is this?

 
At 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyhey!! yey u won =) i don't think i told you this..but starting from this saturday i won't be able to go to church because i have class on saturday. its from 9a to 530p for 6 weeks =(

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Oh...but I hope I can still see you on some Fridays. :) 6 weeks will go by fast so, just forcus on what you have to do now and I will pray for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies