Betty's Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Golden Ears 5 Peaks Trail Running Series

I know what you are thinking because even I had no clue what I got myself into. This race was SO technical that I almost bailed out. I will tell you what I meant by that. Trail running is supposed to be nice and good for your legs BUT not at Golden Ears. After the race, I was told that this year's course was different than the previous years. Talk about giving you heads up...gee! We had to run through raging water from waterfalls, mud, more mud and more water with rocks underneath where you have to be so careful not to slip and be sucked by the strong flowing-like river! I am not kidding you!!! Of course, I was wet running in soggy shoes. This race would be the last for me until I try the last 2 series which are Whistler and Buntzen Lake. By then, the weather is drier and less WATER. But even then, I will try to see how I feel. You probably are thinking that I didn't have a good time at this race but overall, I wouldn't say it that way. Despite the fact that I went through the water and mud, the weather was magnificent! No complaints there. I always think without a nice sunny weather, no matter how good the race is, I still wouldn't enjoy it. I guess doing this race after all wasn't that bad if you know what I mean :) Here are the results which I'm not that proud of but I guess I have to tell you because I have been putting up the results on the other races I have done. So here it is, I came 190th overall out of 255 with a time of 1hr 05mins (96th/154 for females and 36th/52 for my age group). Now, the next result that I'm telling you is the best. Ray did extremely marvellous for his 3rd year with 5 Peaks and came in 3rd overall out of 255 at a unbelievable time of 42:13mins (3rd/101 for males and 2nd/41 for his age group). This was my first time that I ever raced Golden Ears. If I do this race next year, I'll be better prepared and maybe get a better time. Getting wet and stuff wasn't that fun. Oh well, until then, maybe I'll stick with road races.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, you did good and have to give you credit for not turning back! Sounds unreal! Keep up the good work, Betty! This one was only a test for much better things to come for you!

Judy

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I hope the next time wouldn't be hard for me. Will see :)

Betty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies