Betty's Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vancouver Sun Run

Does anyone know why Vancouver has been voted to be one of the best livable cities in the world? Well, the answer is simple and I'm sure everyone knows the answer. It is because we have a very beautiful city with mountains and water with easy access and wonderful sunny weather just like today. Definitely, another amazing year for the Vancouver Sun Run. Two years in a row, we had nice sunny weather and what more can we ask for than that. I am sure proud to participate in this highly popular race again for the second year. Another successful year with a record of 54,317 registered runners. It was incredible. I couldn't believe the number of people inside BC Place. It was so crowded that you really don't want to be losing each other now. But I sure had a good race, better than last year. I was so glad that I was in the yellow section which basically started at 9:05am instead of 10:15am last year!!! I had a PB at about 56:08mins and Ray had his PB too at about 40:30mins!! Fast, eh? My brother, William and Ray's niece, Alexis and her friend, Jasmine came out too and did the race. My sis-in-law, Yun also came out and supported and cheered us on. We all had fun. I will post the results soon. Check back here later.

Update(Apr 17/07): Here are the race results that was just posted online on the Vancouver Sun Run website. I came in 8984 overall out of 42650, 366 out of 2860 in my age group and 2381 out of 24103 for females. As for Ray, he came in 489 out of 42650 overall, 65 out of 2313 in his age group and 429 out of 18547 for males. Keep up the good work, Ray!! I am pretty happy with my performance considering that there were more than 40,000 participants. I think I did pretty darn good, don't you think so??? :)

2 Comments:

At 3:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Betty! I think you should be a journalist! I enjoy reading your Blogs very much.....wtg Ray and Betty on the run!

Mom

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Thank you for reading my blog. Glad that you enjoy it.

Betty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies