Betty's Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Canada Day 7.5K Run in Pitt Meadows

Happy 140th Birthday Canada!!! Finally, it feels more like summer. It was sure a beautiful day. Ray and I went to Pitt Meadows for the celebration of Canada Day and also to run a 7.5K race at 8:30am this morning. You must be wondering why we chose Pitt Meadows. Ok...here is the reason. First, the distance was only 7K and second, the course was pretty flat. The HBC Canada Day run at Canada Place in downtown was a 10K and the course was hilly. I had run downtown a few times and I wanted to try something different and to take it easy for this long weekend. I don't want to get too sore because I still need to celebrate Canada Day :) Alright, let me tell you how we did in this race. I finished with a time of 40:12mins and came in 67th/251 overall, 19th/148 for females and 6th/45 in my age group. Ray, on the other hand, did well as usual. His time was 29:55mins with a position of 8th/251 overall, 8th/103 for males and 3rd/21 in his age group. He was up on the podium receiving a medal for 3rd place in his age category. Way to go!!

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, both of you, nice medal Ray!

Mom
xox

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Thanks. We had a good time there. Although it was hot during the run, it was all good after the run. There were lots of fruits and drinks provided. I had LOTS!!! I needed it because I was feeling a little dehydrated ^o^

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies