Betty's Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Seek The Peak Relay Race 2007

Despite a rainy, cold and miserable morning, Ray, William, Wilson and I went out at 7:30am to Ambleside Park in West Vancouver to do a little huddle before the race. This year, there were only 35 relay teams participating as compared to last year with 46 relay teams. The good news is we improved our time by at least 20mins!!! We came in 10th overall out of 35. I am really happy with the result. Good job everyone! I want to thank Wilson and William for coming out and playing a great part of the team. You guys have put in tremendous effort and that is why it's called "teamwork". Here are the results: Wilson did Stage 1 in 18:51mins for 4K; William did Stage 2 in 42:16mins for 6K; Ray did Stage 3 in 38:19mins for Grouse Grind and I did Stage 4 in 22:20mins for the Peak bringing in a total time of 2hrs and 1min for a course distance of 16K(last year was 2hrs 22mins). I supposed I could have done better but I did beat my last year time by 2mins. There's always next year but we'll see how much training I put in before next year's race because I have to keep in mind that I'm not getting any younger :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies