Betty's Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rhythm of Life 10K run at Burnaby Lake

The weather turned out to be decent for the race. It was totally the opposite of what they predicted the weather to be which was cloudy and rainy. They just can't get the right weather forecast anymore. Shame on them!!

Well...Ray and I went running at Burnaby Lake for the healthy heart program. It was a free race entry for us, courtesy of Ray's run group 'Rackets & Runners'. The trail course, with a distance of 10K, was pretty flat but winding for most parts. I had a good time doing this race because I had trained on the same course a couple times before this race. Even though I had an injury on my right hip from a recent fall, I managed to finish in a good time. Thanks to my Chiropractor for a great adjustment and of course God for helping me. Right now, I need to really rest and recuperate for my next race which is coming up in 2 weeks called "Seek The Peak Relay". Please check back here for the results of today's race.

Update (June 13/07): Finally the race results are posted. I came in 38th/90 overall, 12th/43 for females and 3rd/8 in my age group. As for Ray, he came in 6th/90 overall, 6th/47 for males and 4th/9 in his age group.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my...Betty...never knew you fell...hope you are ok! Well you are a young puppy and will be in good shape for the next race~

BTW....nice picture of you and Ray!

Mom

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Thanks. Hopefully I will be fully recovered by the next race.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies