Betty's Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mt Seymour 5 Peaks Trail Running Series

Today's weather started off with clouds and fog up on Mt. Seymour for the run. Ray and I went and did the third trail run series for the 5 Peaks at Mt. Seymour. As soon as we got there, we realized that we needed some bug repellent spray because there were bugs everywhere buzzing around our heads. It was kind of disgusting. It felt better as the morning went by with fewer bugs but then it was drizzling a little bit. By then, we were all done with the race and finishing up with the awards ceremony. The course was very technical and I think it was a lot better than Golden Ears (the first 5 peaks trail series in April). It was really muddy though but no water involved which was good because I definitely wouldn't like running in soaked shoes again. The muddy shoes were fine because they weren't wet. I guess wearing Salomon Gortex shoes helped. I love Salomon shoes. They are the best! The trail was single track where it was hard to pass people. Not that I was passing people but I was really taking it easy because it was slippery on logs and tree branches everywhere. I would rather be safe than sorry. Well, let's get back to the race. Here are the results: I came in 115/197 overall, 53/120 for females and 20/44 in my age group. As for Ray, he was tied with another person for 5th place overall, 6/77 for males and 3/32 in his age group. And yes, he was up on the podium for coming 3rd in his age group. So proud of him! The next 5 Peaks series is in Whistler on Aug 25th. I will have to gear up for that race now. I will keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Betty, you did real good! Way to go! When you finally buy a house, you will have to have an extra room for Ray's medals....lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies