Betty's Blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

Portland Marathon and 5-Miler Race

It sure was a long drive to get to Portland, Oregon but it was all worth it because of the nice weather in Portland for the race. A group of people from Rackets & Runners also went and did the marathon. We all got together for a nice dinner at Mama Mia Trattoria on Saturday night. Like all racers do the night before the race, we had pasta to fuel up for the race. Ray had a good time from this 2nd marathon with a PB of 3hrs 27mins. Nice job! Race results are posted and the standings for Ray is 502nd/7724 overall, 426th/3529 for males and 99th/512 in his age group. As for me, I did the 5-Miler (8K) race. I think I had a good time with 48:49mins at 336/951 and 20th in my age group. After the race, I went and did some shopping and found some good deals at this favourite store of mine called "Ann Taylor Loft". I love the clothing lines here because they carry my size. It's awesome! The best thing about shopping in Oregon is there is NO tax. What more can I ask for!! Overall I had fun on this trip even though both Ray and I are feeling really sore now. It was nice visiting Portland again after about 9 years or so since the last time I was there. I hope someday I can go back again for some MORE shopping...hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies