Betty's Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grouse Grind Mountain Run

Another year zipped by so fast and here we are again doing the Grind Race for the 3rd year. This year, we formed a team with Ray, William, Betty and Ethan and called ourselves "Live Free or Die Hard". I like the name. The Grind is so much like in the movie if you know what I mean. Anyway, it was a beautiful morning at the base of the mountain but foggy and cold at the top. Regardless of what the weather was, there were still about 450 participants in this race. What a good turnout! This race is sure getting popular every year. Lots of spectator too including my parents, Sylvester, Irene, Yun, Lydia and Nathan that came out to cheer our team. What a great support group, eh?!! Alright, here are the race results posted on the Raceheadquarters website. Our team was so good that we came first in the Co-ed category. I will start with Ray first because he was like a cheetah, so fast! He finished with a PB time of 37:22mins and came in 64th overall out of 450, 56th out of 304 for males and 16th out of 88 in his age group. As for me, I am very proud of myself because I didn't expect to get a PB of 52:27mins with an improved time of 4mins from last year's race! Ray also improved his time by 5mins! Kudos to both of us! I came in 265th overall out of 450, 63rd out of 146 for females and 13th out of 37 in my age group. Next is William, my brother. Let's see how he did. He came in with a time of 48:30mins at 219th overall, 174th for males and 46th for his age group. Not bad...Keep up the good work! Now, the next person is Ethan, my nephew who is only 9 years old and beat me by 2mins! He is so light-weight and so fast that he got a time of 50:31mins. His parents were so proud of him. I am too even though he beat me :) He came in 242nd overall, 190th for males and 7th out of 10 in his age group. Nicely done! He had so much fun doing this race that he can't wait for next year. Hopefully, he can keep training before next year's race. That goes the same for me. I am determined to aim for sub-50mins for next year. I hope I don't kill myself. Wish me luck!!

3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM , Blogger Nathan E. Lin said...

I'll keep training, too!! should catch up you guys...

 
At 6:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go everyone! Ethan did a great job! Nice to have some family support cheering you on!
Looking forward to hear about next year, I know you will hit your goal, Betty to be under the 50:00!
Keep up the good work, team!

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Yeah, I will try harder next year. That means I have to start working on it right away. No slacking off now :)
Thanks for reading my blog, guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies