Betty's Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Patrick's Day 5K Run

Well, well, well...one quick in and out race. Love it! I loved it more especially because the race started later at 10am and because the weather was just perfect for racing. I prefer a later start time for racing just because the weather is always nicer later in the day. I know what some of you are thinking. You might be thinking that I want to sleep in. Ah..."NO". I still get up early to get ready for the race. Anyway, this race was a fast and scenic 5K loop in Stanley Park and also a very well organized race by Running Room. It was a great party for the post race with lots of food and refreshments. Yeah, I will do it again next year. I heard that the number of participants was up by 300 from last year. Wow...what a great turn-out!! I feel so privileged to race with the elites or "ringers" (what they are usually referred to). The best of the best were out competing with each other in this race. Speedy and super-fast times for 5K. It was just as fast as a car, well...not quite...hehe

Here are the result: I finished with a personal best time of 26:06 mins ranking as 199th/675 overall, 66th/418 for females and 53rd/297 in my age group. Ray, on the other hand, finished at an incredible time of 18:53mins which placed him at 39th/675 overall, 36th/259 for males and 31st/173 in his age group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies