Betty's Blog

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Yeti Snowshoe Race at Mt. Seymour

The snowfall on all the local mountains this year has been great. It was gorgeous when I was up at Mt. Seymour this past weekend to do the Yeti snowshoe series #2. Lots of people came out in the surprisingly sunny day to participate in the race. Although the snow was great, I found that it was really hard to run on fresh powdered snow. Luckily, there were lots of people in front of me to pack down the snow and that makes it a bit easier to run on it. Ray got a free entry into the race just because he had been performing well in the snowshoe races last year. Of course, he came first for the 5K route for this past weekend race at Seymour. I am so proud of him. I will be posting the results soon.
Update(Feb 4, 2008): Results are up on the Yeti website. Ray finished with a time of 37:15mins and placed 1st/73 overall and 1st/16 in his age group. As for me, I improved from last year by 3 mins and finished this year with a time of 59:12mins and placed 37th/73 overall and 14th/26 in my age group.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Betty,

I just wanted you to know that I just discovered your blog and have added it to my site - http://www.trainharder.com/?page_id=3. If you would like your description changed then please let me know.

Happy Blogging!

Pano

P.S. you can contact me through the contact page on my site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies