Betty's Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Shaughnessy 8K (Timex Road Running Series #8)

It started out to be a nice morning at 6am and then it turned out to be very warm towards the mid-morning at around 9am during the race. Oh boy!! It was sure hot when running in a sunny condition. The race was a tough one because of the many hills. I am just not good in tackling hills and I was definitely very tired after the 5K mark. Since it was a very warm day, I was thirsty pretty much the whole time and was on a lookout for a water station. I also had a stitch around my diaphragm area and it slowed me down quite a bit between the 5 and 7K mark. I still haven't figured out what caused it. Despite the problems, it was sure a well-organized race by the Lions Gate Road Runners (LGRR). Ray was volunteering for them as he has been a member of the LGRR since Dec 2007. This was the first time that I ran and he stood on the side cheering me even though I didn't see him when I finished. I guess he was working hard on the side helping out Raceheadquarters with the timing. Speaking of timing, I finished the race in 43:03 mins and placed 166th/317 overall, 53rd/146 for females and 7th/19 in my age group.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, he should have been there at the finish to take your picture, bad boy!
Good job, Betty!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies