Betty's Blog

Sunday, May 04, 2008

37th BMO Vancouver Marathon/XLR 8K

I couldn't ask for a better day to do a race especially for the Marathoners. A nice bright sunny morning followed by a little overcast in the mid morning but that was just perfect condition for the runners. I couldn't believe the number of participants in the races this morning; 3099 runners in the Full Marathon, 5599 in the Half Marathon, 446 in the 8K and even in the Marafun Kids' run, there were about 1300 kids!!! Wow...what a great turnout. Ray did the Full Marathon and I did the 8K which was a new event this year. I did the 8K just to kill time while waiting for Ray but it was a pretty tiring run for me. I guess I went out too fast in the beginning like any other races I've done. It is so typical of me to go out too fast in the beginning. After I finished my race, I had the privilege to be in a great spot about 100m from the finish to see the runners as they crossed and also to take pictures. I guess it is great to know people from the timing company :) In fact, it is Ray's sister that works for Race Headquarters. Anyway, here are the official results: Ray finished in the personal best time of at 3:25:29 with a position of 284th/3099 overall 241st/1808 for males and 51st/266 in his age group. Way to go, Ray! As for my 8K, I came in 67th/446 overall, 24th/297 for females and 6th/97 in my age group with a PB time of 42:20mins. My next race will be the Shaughnessy 8K on May 25th. Hopefully, I can improve a little bit on that one or maybe not because of hills. Will see about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies