Betty's Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Longest Day 5K Race

This was the second race that I raced at night. The first night race was the Snowshoe Classic at Grouse in February this year and the second one was last night at UBC. It was a pretty nice and clear night but cold at times especially later in the night where we were eating and waiting for the awards ceremony. Of course, none of us were wearing enough to keep warm but overall, it was a great race! Ray and I volunteered to give out chips to participants and in return, we got free entries into the race. My nephew, Ethan was also there to help out and run the race. I am glad to be part of the race because for one, it was a well-organized race, secondly, there were door prizes (we didn't win anything but that's fine) and thirdly, awesome BBQ food (burgers, hot dogs, salad, cookies, yogurt, etc). I will definitely do this race next year. The course was pretty scenic with rolling hills and flat at most parts. I didn't think it was that hilly compared to my last race at Shaughnessy last month. The Longest Day Race had two distances; 10K and 5K. The 5K race was part of the Timex BC Road Running Series. The previous race I did at the Shaughnessy 8K race was also part of the Timex series.

Here are the official results of how Ray, Ethan and I did: Ray finished with a incredible time of 18:49mins which was his personal best and ranked 47th/317 overall, 24th/64 for Males 17-39 (Male OPEN). Ethan also did great with a time of 24:05mins which placed him at 129th/317 overall, 11th/16 for Males under 16 in his category. As for me, I was happy with a personal best time of 25:14mins, ranking at 147th/317 overall and 31st/79 in my category of Females 17-39 (Female Open).

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM , Blogger Ray Barrett said...

Great work! Your half marathon training will make these feel a lot easier (at the same pace).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies