Betty's Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon

After spending a few days in sunny Edmonton, I was kind of reluctant to come back to cold Vancouver. While I was working at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, I had the opportunity to squeeze in about 7K run around Kinsmen Park and the trails around University. It was sure a hot day with about 27degC during noon time. After the run, I was sweating profusely for about 30mins and finally, I cooled down. It took a while to cool down but I felt so good from the run.

After back from Edmonton where it was 29degC on Saturday, I didn't quite adapt to the cool weather in Vancouver today. Luckily, it turned out pretty decent for Ray's half marathon. A little bit of sunny and cloudy condition made the run a pleasant one. There were about 3500 participants in this race. There were people needing medical attention at the finish line including the overall 2nd finisher who sat down on the side right after he finished. Another runner who was the 2nd female finisher in the Masters who threw up just before she crossed the line. I wonder if this motivates me to do my first half marathon in Toronto. Ray told me a few times how sore he was and that he wasn't feeling too well after the race. I'm sure everyone is feeling that aftermath feeling. This is Ray's third time doing the Scotiabank Half Marathon with a time of 1:29:47 and he almost got his personal best but missed it by 10 seconds. The course is sure a tough one with a few hills and personally, I wouldn't want to attempt it. I would do a flat course for my first one which will be at the end of the September in Toronto. Wish me luck in my training!!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Ray, was nice to be there to watch you and the other runners finish, was quite emotional...;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies