Betty's Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tackling Stawamus Chief

I couldn't ask for better weather today to hike up the infamous 'Chief'. About 15 of us got up early today and started our journey to Squamish in the hopes of getting up to Second Peak and Third Peak. Our abilities of hiking skills ranged from beginner to avid level. There were about 3 of us who had not done any hikes and then the rest of us had done two or more hikes at some point in our lives. Regardless of the different abilities, we still had a good time going up the Chief and everyone made it up to the two peaks. That's all that matters. Good job, everyone!!

This was my 3rd time going up the Chief. Life's more complete now that I've done all the Peaks (1st, 2nd & 3rd). It sure took me 3 summers to do all of them and finally, I did it!!!

The next hiking spot to tackle is Black Tusk at Garibaldi Park. I remember I did it more than 15 years ago but I think I am better conditioned now so it shouldn't be a problem...maybe next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies