Betty's Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

5 Peaks Race in Whistler

Now, I think this is my third year and Ray's fourth year doing this race up in Whistler. It's the 2nd to last race in the 5 Peaks trail running series. I had a good run this year; shaved off my time by about 2 mins from last year. The weather was not too bad, a bit of drizzle in the beginning but then it cleared up. Every time I do this race, I always think to myself, "What was I thinking?". Yes, I know, this is the toughest of them all but I prefer to do this one over the others because this is the shortest course, about 5km. I think all the long runs (half marathon training) and the many times on the Grouse Grind really helped in improving my time for this year's 5 Peaks race in Whistler. Here are the official results : Ray came in 1st/179 overall in a speedy time of 28:13 mins. This is his first time ever to beat out everyone and came first in all the years that he had done the 5 Peaks. Way to go!!! As for me, I am proud of myself in coming 74th/179 overall, 33rd/113 for Females and 9th/38 in my age group with a time of 41:26 mins. Not bad, eh?? :)

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both, good job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies