Betty's Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy "Ox" Year!!!

This year is the year of the "Ox". According to the Chinese horoscopes, it is a good year for a lot of people. To know more about your Chinese horoscope, you can click here. To me, the most important thing is to have good health. Of course, wealth and career are important too but without good health, other things won't come into play then, right?

Anyway, I had a great opportunity to spend Chinese New Year's eve with my family by doing a 'big feast'. That's the one thing that Chinese people are big into. I think my future husband has found that out a long time ago... :) Luckily, he loves eating!!
Ray and I went to Chinatown to enjoy the festivities of the Chinese New Year last Sunday. Even though it was raining and snowing in some parts, it sure didn't stop people from going to see the Lion Dance parade. As I was growing up, I had lots of fond memories of the Chinese New Year back home especially receiving "red pocket money". I am still getting red pocket money but I know this would be my last year receiving it since I'm only single until July. Next year, I will have to be giving them out instead. So I already practised this year by giving out 'red pocket money' ('Angpow' in chinese) to my niece, nephews and my friend's kids. Let's see...in total, it was 6 angpow's. I hope it stays that way because it can get PRETTY expensive...haha. I wish everyone a prosperous, healthy and peaceful year of 2009!!!! Happy New Year!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Blogger Media said...

Hi Betty,

Are you planning on running the BMO Vancouver Marathon this year? The date is set for May 2nd.

Please let us know.

Many thanks!
Deirdre

BMO Vancouver Marathon
Media Relations Coordinator
media@bmovanmarathon.ca

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies