Betty's Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

What a year it has been and December is nearing the end. Time sure goes by fast and it makes me think about what I've achieved this year. Well, it has definitely been a busy year for me. If you have read my previous blogs, I got married in the summer and then jetted off to my honeymoon in London and Paris. Sweet!!! As soon as I was back, I went on and trained for my first Marathon. Now, this was the most challenging thing I have ever done in my entire life!!! I just can't stop stressing how much commitment I had to put in to train for it. I only trained for 12 weeks but that was all the time I had left before the race in Sacramento, CA. With the injury and all that, it did set me back a little bit but it didn't stop me from continuing. With the encouragement from my husband, some massage from the chiropractor and God's guidance, I went on and ran my first ever marathon. I was so proud of myself for doing something that I never in a million years thought I could.

Now that the holiday season is here, I can relax and go back to doing yoga which I have been putting off since the Marathon training. Though Hot yoga could be tough it is still not as tough as running a marathon :)

On Dec 23rd, it was Ray's 36th birthday. I brought him to a nice restaurant called Latitude to celebrate with a surprise of his sister and brother-in-law's (Trisha and Adam) appearance at the restaurant. It was really nice having them with us just before Christmas.

We were up snowshoeing for the first time this season this past Sunday and the snow conditions weren't too bad. They haven't had new snow for the last week or so. Hopefully, we get some before our next snowshoeing which is this Thurs on New Year's Eve. We'll have our nieces and nephews and a couple of friends coming with us. It should be fun :)

With all these memories and achievements that I have, I can now cherish them and look forward to new endeavours in 2010. I hope that the New Year will bring everyone joy, happiness and lots of blessings.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies